Lots of bits and pieces this post, the only common theme is they made me intrigued and read further:
- Good to see the changes made to the Foreign Office website – and read about the thinking behind the changes
- Chain reaction – first found out about this via twitter – sounds like an inspiring day
- The end of poverty ? – blog post introducing the feature length documentary, narrated by Martin Sheen.
- Is twitter sustainable enough to influence politics? – article in the Guardian online
- World Bank data now in google search – mroe exciting uses that can be made of data
- An excellent addition to my earlier post on visualisation – and of course an example of what can be done when you free up data – a blog post from the Open Knowledge Foundation, led to the website: Where does my money go? This is just billed as the prototype, can’t wait to see how they develop it
- And last, can’t remember who brought these to my attention (via twitter) – but thankyou – these images of Mars are stunning!